Friday, January 01, 2010

Wait For Me

I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Last year at this time as I remember we were still worried about forest fires and we didn't hear any explosions at midnight. Last night there were several (5 or 6) loud booms that woke Kristine up. I was still up, but I didn't go out to see if the booms were accompanied by fireworks. I'm just glad everything is wet from the rain. No fires, please.


When I let the chickens out they took off for the woods with Morgan trailing behind. I walked around for a bit taking photos hoping for something I could post in the sidebar. Turns out it was the first photo I took. The hens were very happy to get cut up ham hock skin for a treat. Kristine said that some of the hens stayed on the porch next to the slider where it was dry and warm.

I tried cleaning up my blog sidebar a little bit. I started off this blog by adding blogs I read to my blog list, but quit adding any more because I have so many. Now I have folders of blogs I read book marked and the whole blog reading and commenting thing is getting out of control. I need to make a new plan. I like Tanya's blog layout. Nice and clean. Love to read her blog.

Oh, yes, I need to announce the bean ruling. The Mayo Clinic No Gas soak method really did result in 98% gas free beans. I suppose the results depend on the type of beans, how many rinsings (10+-) and soaks (I soaked the beans in water before I did the hot soak) the beans are put through. And I cooked the beans in new water after I rinsed the hot soak water away.

[1 egg today]
The sun has been hiding and turned off egg laying.
That's my take on the situation.

Smiles
~:>

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by! Impressive that you blogged every day last year...holy moly! I find that I go through slumps where I don't really think I have much to talk about. But this is such a fun and positive creative outlet...gotta love the blogging! :)

flowerweaver said...

Happy new year Callie! Your woods look so inviting, what a lovely photo. Wishing you and all your critters a fabulous 2010!

Tanya said...

Thank you. That's interesting because there are some blogs that I really like their look and wonder if I could change. But I have a feeling that I'd end up losing everything so I'll keep things they way they are.

diane b said...

Happy New Year.

Jennifer said...

I love this picture, there is something so peaceful and inviting about trees and the woods.