Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tracks In The Snow

click on photos to enlarge







   The chickens didn't make very many tracks in the snow since there wasn't much snow in the pen, but they ran out to greet me when I brought them warm water. They must be feeling spry because it is a bit warmer. The rain didn't melt off as much snow as I hoped, but Tom didn't have any problems getting out to the road our neighbor plowed and then to the grocery store.
   Morgan made lots of tracks in the snow looking for snow squirrels. Kristine has to make tracks on the road tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn to get to class. Tomorrow, I'm wishing for the rain that didn't really happen today so Morgan and the chickens can get out and run around. Me too! I love the crashing sounds the snow makes as it slides off the roof and hits the porch. 
Today Kristine and I watched some DVD's of the Mentalist. I would like to watch the show online on CBS, but they only have clips. They have full episodes of NCIS, but not the Mentalist. I don't follow that many shows online, just: Castle, NCIS, and Bones. I gave up watching TV and don't miss all the brain numbing shows and goofy news excitement. 
Peek at the Past (January 24, 2009) Lovey still needs attention.



[2 very, very cold eggs]
Frozen?


~:>
Smiles

9 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I like the sounds of the snow melting too because it means it's gotten warmer!! Hope your week is off to a good start! :-)

lisa said...

I think my kids would probably wither and die if they didn't have the TV and computers, the hubby and I would survive just fine I think! Snow looks pretty, it is warm here today and the snow is melting pretty fast which is very unusual for us but it is supposed to get cold again this week.

Nancy K. said...

I don't think that any of my chickens has ventured out of the barn since the first snow fell! What a bunch of pansies!

I just ordered 30+ hatching eggs from red laced blue wyandottes. I am rebuilding my laying flock as it is mostly older, silkie crosses and they don't really LAY anymore...

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

that fella on the Mentalist is my type!

DayPhoto said...

It's warmer here, but not alot. Still warming up to 37* in the middle of the day is nice, real nice. And only getting down to 14* is another good sign.

6 more weeks until spring (I hope)

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

John Going Gently said...

we are all in the same boat!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What lovely tracks you make morgan..
Hey Mom loves NCIS too.. She thinks Abby rocks.. What no 24? Mom likes Jack.. hehe

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Becky's Barnyard said...

Hope you thaw out soon. I have loved the warm weather we have had. Now the cold is suppose to come back this week. Oh well, it is still January.

diane b said...

That sounds like a good thing to do in cold weather.