Saturday, January 28, 2017

Raising Two Welsh Cardigan Corgis - Day 28

Today was a busy day.
Kristine trimmed the puppies nails
this morning.

I held Banner on my lap.
(he lay on his back)
while Kristine cut his nails.
This is not his favorite position
but after he relaxed
Kristine cut his nails.

Kristine held Libby in her lap
and trimmed her nails!

We took walks with the puppies
on paths through the woods.

The puppies also
got to run around on the deck.

They are tired out now
and sleeping after their dinner.

Tired puppies are good puppies.

No photos of stuff we did today.
I'll post some that I
may not have posted before.


This photo is a little blurry
but I like it better
than the other one I posted. 

Libby still likes to chew on metal.
Different?
I think we will need to get
some metal crates.
They could probably chew their way
out of the plastic ones
if left alone?


We are working with the puppies
on simple commands
like sit, down, over, and clear.

I have Banner sit at the slider
until I open the door
and I go outside on the deck first.
Then when he looks at me
I tell him "Clear"
and he can then come out
on the deck with me.

We do the same thing when
coming back inside.
I don't want to have to worry
about tripping over my dog
in a rush to get through a door.

He is getting much better
at the stay part.
It is hard for him to stay
when he wants to run to see his sister.

There are a lot of fun commands
to teach them,
I want to get Banner a doggie bed
that I can carry around
and put down in places.
Then Banner's job
will be to stay in the bed
when I tell him to.

My Dobes used to do that.
Sure made it easier to visit my
family with my dog
since she would stay on her bed
instead of running around.

I would put the bed in an out of the
way place where she could
see what was going on.

I'm looking forward to when
Banner will sit and stay. 

Then we can play
Hide and Seek!

I'll leave him on a Stay.
I'll hide...then call him
and he will
have to come find me.
He'll get a food treat.
Fun!

~:>
Smiles

No comments: