Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Three Nest Boxes Full

Shhhh.... very quietly I opened the nest box door...


This Light Brahma, Pastey, doesn't want my company.


The Australorp, Hen Roo, doesn't want any attention either.


Screamer won't even stay in the nest box.
Laying eggs is a private affair.
See you girls in an hour or so... 


When I checked back later, 
I moved the three eggs down to the large nest box 
and set them next to the three wooden eggs 
so I could get a photo.

Each of the three nest boxes on top 
have two wooden eggs.

The hens seem to like sitting on the fake eggs. 

I haven't seen the mysterious 
egg thief... no broken or scratched eggs.
I hope it is gone for good.

It was cold and icy this morning 
but I let the hens out and they had a great day 
turning over leaves and the wet soil.
Looks like a rototiller hit in places.

3 eggs today

~:>
Smiles

3 comments:

Martin and Amy said...

Nice stash! Even though 1/2 were wooden, they look like the perfect eggs! Haha!

Martin :0)

LindaG said...

Glad to hear you are the only one getting your eggs.
Have a great day!

Becky's Barnyard said...

I use golf balls; I would use wooden eggs if I had some. Those look neat. I noticed the gloves.