Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20th - Spring Equinox - 1st Day Of Spring

Balance an egg on the Equinox???
I tried and tried and tried to balance an egg on its pointy end. 
But couldn't do it! 


Kristine came over and said, 
"Give me the egg. I can do it!" 



Morgan stopped by and said, 
"Mom, she is tricking you!"


Sure 'nuff! 
Kristine pulled a fast one! 

Maybe our chickens lay eggs that are too pointy to balance? 

I'm writing this post on March 12 
and will keep trying to find an egg that I can balance 
and post a photo. 

Maybe an egg that looks like the egg in this Snopes link and video 
will help me with the trick. 

Click on this link... 
for lots of information and a video.

I tried several days but couldn't get an egg to balance.


Last night the snow looked like this on the porch.


At noon today the snow is starting to melt a bit.


I need to get outside and fix the flag.

2 eggs today

~:>
Smiles

4 comments:

  1. The Southern Lagniappe blog I follow got her egg to balance...

    Maybe it's dependent on elevation? Maybe you should use the large end?

    Loved your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried both ends of the egg... no dice. I'll try some again. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you have to just keep trying!!
    snow? we haven't gotten any this whole yr in central Pa..and now it is spring but it feels like summer!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. momto8:
    Welcome...hope your area is not too dry this year. Thanks for following. Enjoy the Spring weather.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Your insight, thought, care and concern are much appreciated.