Sunday, March 04, 2012

Patchwork Snow


Very happy fat chickens!
They were so glad to get out of their pen 
that they started scratching up the ground 
as soon as they got outside.


Looks like I cleared the snow away, but it melted like this along the path
yet not under the climbing dome.
Very interesting.


No snow here. 

Today I figured out that walking around the perimeter 
of the 3 acres 3 times
would equal a bit over 1 mile. 

I think that's right.



This snow will stick around for awhile.


The myrtle doesn't care if it is covered with snow 
or not... it just likes to have water.
Amazing plant.
It survives through the hot dry summer too.

2 eggs today.
I hope the chickens remember 
to head back to the nest boxes tomorrow and
not lay their eggs in the woods.

I'm listening to
The Girl Who Played With Fire
Wow... intense book!

~:>
Smiles

1 comment:

LindaG said...

I've been learning that chickens like to lay eggs in woods.
Silly birds.

Have a wonderful day! :-)