Monday, March 08, 2010

Hail And Rain



Snowing? No... that's hail!

The hail happened a few times during the day, but didn't last very long.

Kristine said she remembers one year up here when six inches of hail was dumped in ten minutes.

She said it was like driving through a slushy.

This hail was just enough to cover everything and then the rain would come and wash it away.

The hail was sure fun to watch from the nice warm house. The chickens were not pleased at all and stayed in their coop.

I cooked hamburgers in the chicken fryer on the wood stove. 

Kristine brought me home a book. Yay! So, I'm going to go make a hot drink, curl up in my quilt and read my new book. 

(March 9, 2009)
Eating fresh food is working. I eat very little packaged food.

[2 eggs today]


~:>
Smiles

9 comments:

lisa said...

Covered with a blanket and a good book, now that is my kind of day!

JoyceAnn said...

2 eggs , the hens really didn't like the hail (LOL). Love the coop link , it's so cozy and natural looking and has a perfect little sign.

~ Peaceful Blessings ~

Kateri said...

Hail in moderation is kind of fun. 6 inches in 10 minutes, though...I'm not so sure about that. That must have been something!

Melodie said...

Hail is kind of neat as long as it stays small!

Chicken Boys said...

Eating fresh food is like working! So much work has to go into preparation. I'll just take my Chef Boy R Dee and Campbells. LOL
~Randy

dirtyduck said...

driving through a slushy,hahaha its just been raining here.:( (az)

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That hail is pretty cool.. We finally got sun shine today.. Tomorrow they are saying more rain.. Yuckers..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

Ooooh, what book are you reading? I just got two new ones the day before last, and am currently reading two more - if only I didn't have to go to work, or cook, or clean, or or or... I LOVE to curl up, listen to rain or wind, and read. Sounds HEAVENLY to have been you this day!

Texan said...

Hope the hail didn't do any damage...

I used to have migraines,three different types to be exact
:O( ... major food/diet changes have cured them!! Hope yours are gone too!