Thursday, December 01, 2011

Some Of My Favorite Sewing Items

My favorite sewing tools.

When I sit down to hand sew, these are my must have sewing tools. I have other sewing aids, but all I really need are these: cutting mat, a needle threader, rotary cutter, thimble, sharp scissors, magnetic pin holder, glass head pins, favorite thread, ruler, pencil, favorite needle, clip scissors, and a seam ripper.

I have different size rulers, other scissors, thread, thimbles, pin cushions, etc., but these things are what I love to use. Less is more? I use the other things when I need to and then go back to these items. I've only got two more of these needles. They are the largest needles out of an assortment pack and are long and thin and bendy. I love bendy needles. I have other needles as long, but they are not as thin.

It's time for me to get rid of some of the sewing stuff I hardly ever use. That would free up some space.




 There is a sea of oak leaves under the trees.
Less leaves on the trees
does mean there is a lot more sun lighting up the forest. 


Mean chicken, angry bird, evil hen, bully?
No... she is just a chicken who wants to be first
to get a treat of cut up cabbage.
And I think she was trying to figure out if the camera was good to eat or not.
------

December Quote
My Favorite Quotations On Christmas Giving


We should give as we would receive, cheerfully,
quickly, and without hesitation;
for there is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers. -Seneca

8 comments:

LindaG said...

I bet she was.

You can probably do more with those few items, than many can with more. Hope you're having a wonderful evening and a great Friday. ♥

diane b said...

You are well prepared for sewing. I have a few things in a little basket which i can carry to any room depending what and where I'm sewing but I do very little any more just mending and altering.

There's always got to be a pushy one whether it be hen or human.

BadPenny said...

Very tidy - not like me !

There is a TV ad for Christmas over here where a little boy is obviouly restless for Christmas to arrive... counting the days... On Christmas morning he jumps out of bed, rushes past his presents piled up & goes to his cupboad to get a parcel all badly wrapped with lots of sticky tape and takes it into his parents' bedroom & wakes them up with a big smile. I love it ! All about giving as it should be x

Jim said...

Hey Callie! I bet you were a 'teacher' in your past life! Very organized! Love it!
Oaks leaves, never out of compost I bet....but they do take a couple of years to break down.
alpha chicken I guess, first in line or else! lol
Love the quote, so true.
Jim

Terry and Linda said...

She is cute. I'll bet you can pet her. I can pet all my hens...they seem to really like it.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Michaele said...

Ah yes, cabbage. I throw in a whole head for mine in the winter. They love it. I always feel like I am bowling when I toss it in : )

Carol said...

I have those scissors too!

Tanya said...

I cleaned out my sewing drawers too. But I leveled more than minimalized. I can throw away dishes and pots easily but not sewing goods...