Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Best Laid Plans Deferred

This video along with four others were made
to be posted on my Google+ page.

I'm not really up to taking care of two blogs and Google+.
So...
I'm considering moving eventually to Google+
or
somehow hooking my blog up to Google+

Plans to clean up this blog design will have to wait for rainy or snowy weather this winter. I deleted some things, but it is hard to tell I changed anything.

I like all this clutter, but I suppose it does take a while to load the page?

Card Trick 12" blocks - backs
This is the backs of two Card Trick 12" blocks with only finger pressing done as I hand sewed them. An experiment that proved that I should take the time to iron the seams as I sew because trying to press them all at the end was rather a messy business.

I like these fabric designs and colors, but I am trying to come up with some ideas on how to brighten, lighten up the overall quilt when I put it together.

Maybe, put in colorful sashing strips between the blocks along with colorful borders?

I'm trying to motivate myself to do some painting and I need to box up stuff to go to goodwill.

I would rather work on the quilt blocks and a tea cozy than stack firewood for winter.

The firewood is winning the battle in the cool morning hours. 

5 comments:

Nordic Girl said...

Oh, wait til everyone can get the Google+. I for one haven't gotten an invite yet and I love to read about your chickens and the dog and your quilts.

Rain said...

Your quilting is beautiful-but alas the firewood essential !! That way you'll be able to quilt this winter-with the firewood keeping you cozy!!
P.S. if you go elsewhere-please let me know!! I'll miss you!

LindaG said...

I had not noticed any difference in how your blog loads.
Cool morning hours. What are those? We don't have them here, yet.
Your quilt looks wonderful, as always. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Unknown said...

Nice video:) The chickens cluck rather musically...

Diana Studer said...

BTW load time - you can check with http://tools.pingdom.com/