Friday, November 15, 2013

Dead Tree In The Woods

While walking with Morgan in the woods this morning

I was admiring the various open areas
that I had cleared of brush and small trees.
I still have a lot of clearing to do.


Because the small trees had been cut back
I could get a good look at a very tall old dead tree.


The top 6+ feet is laying hidden in a bunch of young trees.
I tried to get a photo of the scraggy top
but it was too dark.


Here is the middle of the tree.


And the bottom.
This tree is so tall it would be too scary to cut down
without professional help.
The tree was standing here when I moved here
(except the top has fallen off)
and will probably stand until it falls over. 

I really don't want to be in the forest
when this tree hits the ground.

~:>
Smiles

1 comment:

LindaG said...

Hubby took down a pecan tree last year that had obviously been hit by lightning. (It wasn't as tall as yours.)

The top was still alive, but more than half of the heart was just gone.

I was in the pasture when he dropped it. I could feel the ground shake, even though the tree was half gone!

Just the very center of the heart had held the tree. It was good he took it down the way he wanted it to go.

But out pasture is open and he knows how to drop a tree to avoid the nearby trees.

Hope this one is far from your house!