Saturday, June 04, 2011

Morgan Positive For Anaplasmosis

Here is Morgan this morning on our walk through the drizzly rain after locking up the gate.

Morgan tested positive for anaplasmosis (and she has Lyme disease) when she went for her heart worm test.

So, she has 84 pills to take... 4 a day for 21 days.

Ticks in the woods... that's for sure. We all get tick bites and have been lucky until now.

The chickens are locked up today and probably tomorrow since we are supposed to have two days of lots of rain. The ticks can play while the chickens are away.

I haven't been posting about the rain and hail and generally cold weather because it's making me sad... after three more days of rain we are supposed to have some sunny days. That would be nice.

I have been trying to remember the words to old rain rhymes that have been running around in my brain this morning:

Rain, rain go away,
Come again another day.
Little Callie wants to play.

It's raining, it's pouring,
The old man is snoring.
He fell out of bed, and bumped his head
And can't get up in the morning.

There was a rhyme about rain going to Spain, but I can't remember that one. I always liked the rhyme about not getting out of bed on rainy days. Makes sense to me. Morgan is asleep. I want to be.

8 comments:

Lynda said...

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain?

Sorry to hear about poor Morgan...I hate ticks! And I'm really hating this wet, cold weather! Crawl back into bed with a hot cup of coco and a good book.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Callie!! We've had 2 dogs that have tested positive for anaplasmosis as well--With so many ticks in this area, it's not uncommon for any dog to test positive for lyme disease at some point, almost all our dogs have. The good news is that it's easily treatable, which I"m thankful for--But it's a good reminder to always take your pups in once a year!

We're having wonderful weather here in Virginia this weekend, and I'll hope that you get some of that!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Kelly said...

So sor;ry to hear that Morgan tested positive. We have a lot of ticks in our area so we have Emma and Lucy vaccinated yearly. We have to take them in for heartworm check next week. Hope Morgan feels well. I hate ticks. The gunineas help with them.

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

AW, she beat me to it. That was a song from the musical My Fair Lady, the one about the rain in spain.
Poor Morgan. I hope she doesn't mind the pills and improves soon.
I am SO sick of the rain, and cold here too. I'd REALLY like about a week solid of warm sunny weather, but I guess that is not in the cards for us. Or you, apparently. GOing to take a nap now.

Gone Country said...

Aw, poor Morgan. I hope the pills work and she's feeling better soon.

And poor you! I know you're getting tired of such lousy weather. You guys really need a break! Hope you get one soon!

Knatolee said...

Yes, poor Morgan AND poor you! Hope all the pills do the trick and she's back to 100% health asap.

Tanya said...

Poor Morgan. Is she feeling bad too or is it just the test results? We have ticks around here but I didn't know they were anything but pests on the dog occasionally.

The Mrs.... said...

I hope the sun comes out for you...