Sunday, December 13, 2015

Windy Flag

We knew that there was a storm coming through today.
Wind advisory, rain, possible power outages...
So I'm posting early
to beat out the possible no power threat.

This morning when I was walking Morgan
I noticed the wind.
Noisy rainy wind.
Usually the house flag just hangs limply.


But today it was flying horizontal!


And the tree tops were dancing!
I'm not walking Morgan under those trees
while they are dropping branches.


I tried to get some of the trees dancing
but naturally they calmed down when I was videoing.
I tried 3 times.
But it gives you an idea...
the trees bend much farther in stronger wind.

I came back to the computer to post this 
and I heard the wind start up
very loud crashing through the trees.
But I'm not going to get up again and try to catch it
in action.

The wind is great at pruning the trees
but I don't want to be 
under them while that is going on.

2 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Cally, it got really windy your way didn't it? A very good post documenting your weather. We haven't had it as bad but give us time :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the poem I posted. I really appreciate you identifying the lady who wrote it. I will add her name to the post shortly. Both of your comments appeared but I haven't had much computer time lately and as I moderate all my comments, they will take a time to appear. Sorry for the delay in publishing yours. Have a great weekend :)

LindaG said...

I don't blame you. I wouldn't be out like that, either.
We had a storm blow though, too. Broke the bracket our flag hung on. Brought the flag in to dry, will have to figure a new way to hang it.
You all have a safe, blessed week!