Tuesday, April 21, 2015

One Of Five

Kristine sent me this photo

Kinkakuji

She has been in Japan for almost three months
and she said there have only been five sunny days.

This was a sunny day worth waiting for!

I asked her if she went inside the temple but she said no 
that it was blocked off.
At least the day she visited.

Wish we had some of Japan's wet weather.

I went to the quilt store today and
bought batting and backing fabric for two quilt tops.

Then I spent some time in the store using their tables
pinning the layers together.
Making a quilt sandwich.

Tiring work but much easier to do using tables
instead of crawling around on the floor.

I still have two quilt tops to sew together.
Then I can go do this again.
Smiles.

2 comments:

LindaG said...

That is a beautiful sight.

The Brother-in-law worked in Japan for five or six years or so as a medical instructor.

Hubby and I were stationed on Okinawa for about six years. We loved it; but wouldn't be able to afford it today.

I am working to get room for tables, too. Not for quilting, but I would love to be able to do puzzles again.

Blessings. ♥

Tanya said...

I haven't been to Kinkakuji in years! Kristine took a lovely photo! I hope she's getting her full of Japan and enjoying herself!