Wednesday, January 05, 2011

More Down Tree Limbs

Short post because I have spent too much time trying to get the new editor to open. I finally gave up and went back to the old editor. Don't know whether it is a glitch with my computer or Google is having a problem?

There are a lot more downed branches after the snow.

I walked along the longer branch and counted over 16 feet.

And I just noticed the branch sticking into the ground.





I found a dead branch ready to fall, but I don't know when it will take a dive.

The branch has lost its bark, but doesn't look like it wants to fall.

It has been like this for the 10 years I've been here.








The moss is very happy and seems to love the wet snowy rainy weather.

Lonely is not broody.

I wish she was, but she doesn't do any of the broody things like puffing up when disturbed or clucking.

She is quiet and I'm not even sure she is eating that much.

Hope I can let all the chickens out tomorrow. Lonely too!


Click
for
a

(January 5, 2010)
Sore throat remedies aren't working for Kristine
this time around.
The doctor said she has a
spectacular case of bronchitis.
She has meds to take.

[0 eggs today]

Smiles
(𝄐 𝄐)
' \'

6 comments:

V.L. Locey said...

Thats alot of downed limbs!

LindaG said...

Really sorry to hear about Lonely, Callie. Sounds like she might be needing a chicken companion.
I hope she - and you all - will be okay.
Have a good day. ♥

Little Messy Missy said...

I LOVE that Hen Roo picture, it reminds me of the seen in Taxi Driver..."You lookin at me, YOU LOOKIN AT ME!"....hahahaha

lisa said...

We have a wood lot out back and with the winds that we have had, we have quite a few trees that have blown down. We need to do some major clean up. Glad not by the house too!

Becky's Barnyard said...

I do love the moss on the trees. I think that is so pretty.

Verde Farm said...

The moss is beautiful. We’ve been able to let our chickens out this week and they’ve been so happy and making a mess of my mulch too :) Love when they are out.