Sunday, October 03, 2010

Porch Pumpkins

My rolled up jeans tell a story. Yep. I'm getting shorter. In four months I will be seventy. I don't feel much different than I did when I was thirty which is a good thing.

The only thing I really notice is that my jeans hit the floor by my heel if I don't turn them up.

Of course, if I wore shoes the jeans would be just the right length. So, maybe I'm not that much shorter after all.

These pumpkins are outside on the entry way tiles where they can stay cool and keep their good looks until I figure out what to do with them. Kristine wants to carve one and I guess the other two will be around for Fall decorations.

The chickens are still waiting for a pumpkin. One that looks like it fell off the truck would be good. The chickens and Morgan are still locked up. Kristine is still looking for a collar for Morgan. It would be neat if we could find a wide heavy nylon collar and then also have her wear the prong collar with the prongs sticking out.

Lazy Sunday! There was rain of a sort today (very light) so I didn't go out. I'm so bad. I was on the couch reading and fell asleep. If I didn't stay up all night reading, I wouldn't be so sleepy. It is all Kristine's fault for bringing me lots of books. Love those books!

I should be reading blogs and leaving comments, but that's not happening. I am addicted to reading books.


(October 3, 2009)
Fall is here again


[1 egg today]

~:>
Smiles

10 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness! You can't tell me you are going to be seventy! I won't believe it! With all the work you do? With all the carpentry and mixing and spreading and fixing and making? Impossible!!!!

LindaG said...

Enjoy your books! :)

Is there any chance you could turn the prong collar inside out? Or is it that you can't find one?
I hope it gets safer for you all there soon!

lisa said...

I know how you feel, I love to read and especially when I get a day to my self with no husband or kids in the house! Nice pumpkins! Seventy, wow, and still doing everything you do!

Toni aka irishlas said...

Good for you enjoying some lazy days!

Hope the coyotes move on their way soon.

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

You go girl! Lovin' the pumpkins.

I scared... only 5'2... by the time I hit seventy I'm going to look like a treasure troll!

Kent Island Red said...

Hi Callie,
I love reading too. Somewhere I read someone said that books allow you to travel around the world without ever leaving home. It's kind of true, too, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe you could be nearly seventy with all that you have been doing! I hope I am still as active when I get there. I can't think of anything wrong with reading all night if you don't have to get up early!

Teresa

diane b said...

I agree with the last comment. Enjoy your books don't feel guilty.

Leigh said...

Your pumpkins look great. I only got two and have been nursing them along. At least we'll get two holiday pies this year!

My chicken news has been hawks. Almost lost a hen to one but alls well that ends well. We made a goofy looking scarecrow, er, scarehawk, and my rooster is more on the alert than ever. Such is the life of chickens.

Jim said...

Callie, Some blogs are like reading a story on a continuing basis. Hope you find a collar that works.
Jim