Thursday, July 07, 2011

Watermelon For Breakfast and Dynamic Views


The chickens got some watermelon for breakfast along with their lay crumble. No pellets... the feed store was out. They sure go through the crumble much faster than the pellets.

They love the melon. They eat it right down to the outside rind.

I haven't figured out if they are eating all the crumble or just spreading it around on the ground. I would much rather feed pellets.

Surprise. I have two more broody hens. Poor girls. It is much too hot to stay cooped up in a nest box. I guess I will have to shut them out in the chicken pen.

I read about Dynamic View a bit ago, but didn't take the time to find out about how it works.

But today I spent some time and I really like the different ways a blog can be presented.

I also liked looking at my blog this way ... http://chickensontheporch.blogspot.com/view/flipcard

If a blogspot blog has settings that allow it this will work... just type the word view after the / and you will be taken to a "Blogger Dynamic Views" page of that blog. example:
http://chickensontheporch.blogspot.com/view

This google video shows all the different views that you can choose to view a blogspot blog.


I like the music too.

I wish there was a way to add a list of the blogs I like to read and read them all at one place. Then I might actually be able to read some of them. 

10 comments:

Michaele said...

I posted about sharing watermelon with chickens just last week. When mine are done, then the dogs take off with the rind. Funny. I also have a broody hen who I have to fight off for eggs every day. She sure gets mad!

Lana said...

I was actually wondering about giving my chickens a fruit with the rind still intact...I'm going to make sure they get these left-overs too! Thanks for the blogspot info - I'm trying to figure out how to get the navigation bar at the top to show for visitors, such as with "home" etc. So much to learn!

DevonMaid said...

Thanks for info about /view ... really useful for catching up with blogs you haven't read for a while!

V.L. Locey said...

My chickens, and geese, LOVE watermelon rinds as well!

DeniseinVA said...

This gives me an idea for breakfast, the watermelon I mean. Your chickens are much loved and I loved this post. Have a great weekend.

DeniseinVA said...

Forgot to mention the new way of looking at a blog, that looks very nice.

John Going Gently said...

EVEN I dont get watermelon for breakfast!!!!

Becky's Barnyard said...

My chickens like fruits and veggies also.

Carol............. said...

Threw out a half of a bad watermelon and the chickens devoured it in no time. It was picked totally clean and I thought about wearing it as a rain hat...LOL!

Knatolee said...

I need to get my crew a watermelon! They LOVE them. Love your pretty chickens. :)