Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring In The Mountains

click photo to enlarge
Spring Afternoon Today
Passed by these lovely blossoming trees 
on the way home. 

We had stopped for pizza 
(and a root beer float for me) 
and then  remembered 
to backtrack through town 
so I could get a photo of these beautiful trees. 

See how wide the street is? 
Back in the gold rush days this town 
made sure the main street 
was this wide because they believed that 
the town would grow into 
an important city. 

But the gold played out... 
people still search and pan for gold 
but there has not been enough 
found to turn this town into a big city. 

I love the wide street 
and 
I love the little town. 
Just my size! 

~:> 

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Ah man... you're making me miss home...

Carol said...

What pretty trees!
And now you have me wanting a root beer float!
Enjoy your day, Callie.

LindaG said...

Good to hear from you. Hope you all have a Blessed Easter. ♥

diane b said...

Small towns are usually laid back and more comfortable than bustling metropolis. Some of our old gold rush towns have wide roads but a tour guide told us it was because they needed to be wide enough for a horse and carriage to do a 'U' turn in the main street. ...Who knows???

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Callie, lovely shot of the street scene with their pretty trees. I have visited other places with big wide streets and always wondered why they made them that big, now I know! Have a great week ahead :)

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful! Yes, small towns are the best!

Jen's Farmily said...

That's so neat about the road being so wide! I'm sure there are many towns like that!