Monday, May 30, 2016

Spring Blog Post 2016

I hope this will be the first of many posts this year.
There are lots of projects around here
that need attention.

Clean sparkly counters!

I needed to clean the clutter off my kitchen counters
and scrub the counters clean.

These counters may still look cluttered
but they are way more organized and much cleaner.

The refrigerator is scheduled to be on the task list tomorrow.

My eye surgery had some problems
but I am doing well and getting used to the change in vision.

I used to be able to see up close but not far away.
Now after about 20 inches I can see great but up close
I need to wear glasses.
Friday I am going to pick up some prescription glasses
for close work so I can get back to sewing and knitting, etc.

We still have two old hens (an Australorp and a Buff Brahma)
that are in the coop and run all the time
 because of predators.

I do miss the chickens free ranging in the woods
(and fresh eggs)
but losing them to foxes, etc.
is very upsetting.
So, we are going to keep these two locked up and safe.

We do need a new coop and run so we
won't be getting any new chickens
until that is ready.

Smiles
~:>

1 comment:

LindaG said...

Good to hear from you, Callie. Your kitchen looks really nice.
Sorry to hear your eye surgery didn't work out.
How are things going, water wise, for you?
Hope you all have a blessed week.